"I would like to be remembered as someone who did the best she could with the talent she had."
July 31, 1965.
Happy Birthday, dear Joanne ‘Kathleen’ Rowling!
(Source: bertiesbotts, via academia-nut)
17 hours ago • 44204 notes
get to know me meme [3/5] movies: pacific rim
"When I was a kid, whenever I’d feel small or lonely, I’d look up at the stars. Wondered if there was life up there. Turns out I was looking in the wrong direction. When alien life entered our world, it was from deep beneath the Pacific Ocean."
TAGS: pacific rim.
17 hours ago • 513 notes
things you may have forgotten because of the movies/fanon
- luna lovegood has dirty blonde hair (book 5, chapter 10)
- lily potter has dark red hair (book 1, chapter 12)
- neville longbottom has blond hair (JKR interview)
- hermione granger has bushy hair (book 1, chapter 6)
- james potter is tall (book 1, chapter 12)
- at seventeen, harry potter is the same height as his father so he is also tall (book 7, chapter 34)
- peter pettigrew is fat (book 3, chapter 10)
- severus snape has yellow-ish teeth (book 3, chapter 14)
- ginny weasley is fucking awesome (books 1-7)
TAGS: yes. hp.
17 hours ago • 6758 notes
This is the first I’ve heard of it, but that would’ve been exciting. It also would’ve meant a lot to so many young gay people. I’d love to see Jules and Jess get together. Hey, maybe we can do a sequel and make it happen!
A lot of my mum’s and my dad’s friends are gay, so I’ve been around gay men and women for as long as I can remember. My mum actually used to march in support of gay people in Scotland in the ’60s and ’70s. It’s always been the complete norm for me, like a wonderful fact of life."
Keira Knightley’s response to the original ending of “Bend It Like Beckham” where Jules and Jess ended up together (via keiraquotes)
TAGS: i love the movie. but this would've been better. keira knightley.
18 hours ago • 106 notes
“The key to Luna is that she has that unbelievably rare quality of actually not giving a damn what anyone else thinks of her.” - J.K. Rowling
TAGS: hp. luna.
19 hours ago • 22783 notes
If you think about it, Harry is one of the most amazing characters in the entire series, and he’s never given enough credit (strange, isn’t it, given that the entire series is about him).
- He forgave Snape and Dumbledore. I don’t know how he found it in himself to do this, because both of them treated him like shit, and didn’t really deserve his forgiveness.
- His attitude towards Pettigrew is incredible. You never find Harry as furious with Pettigrew as you think he should be. You never find him thinking about him with hatred, although he fully deserves it. Harry despises Bellatrix. He knows the difference between someone like Bellatrix and someone like Peter.
- He tries to pull Peter’s metal hand away from his throat for god’s sake.This is the man that betrayed his parents and was now working for a wizard who wants to murder him.
- He uses ‘expelliarmus’ on a death eater trying to kill him because he didn’t want to knock him off his broom.
- He even manages to find some sympathy for Voldemort. Dumbledore himself is surprised by that.
- He returns the elder wand.
- He is the one who decides to go back for Malfoy when they’re stuck in the burning room of requirement.
- He feels sorry for Malfoy when he sees to what use he’s being put by Voldemort.
And yet he doesn’t come off as an insufferable do-gooder. Rowling makes him so real. He’s jealous of Cedric and of Dean, he has blow ups with Ron, he frequently behaves like a typical obstinate teenager, he laughs at Fred and George’s jokes, he finds Hermione exasperating at times. He is the perfect hero. Moral and ethical, but not so much so that he seems like something out of a Morality Play from Medieval times.
He’s human-a flawed one, but a good one, and that’s what brings him to life, and makes us feel so fond of him.
TAGS: hp. <3.
1 day ago • 14506 notes
TAGS: karen gillan. i really like her hair.
1 day ago • 7845 notes
I did a lot of research and it’s a subject that’s really important to me,” Tatiana said, tears forming in her eyes. “Yeah, it just means a lot to me that we could tell that story. And you know, I’m not a trans actor so there is a political sort of situation there and it’s not the most ideal, but what our show does is it explores identity. And what better way to explore it than through a trans male? We don’t see trans men on screen very often at all. And, you know, the best thing for me was when we heard the response to Tony, which was very polarized. But the best thing about it is it opens up a debate, and it opens up a discussion, and it makes the subject relevant and important and present in people’s thoughts, regardless of how they felt about Tony, whether they felt represented, whether they didn’t understand—whatever it is, these stories need to be told and we need to talk about trans stories and we need to have them represented to the point where it’s just, it’s just a given and it’s not exceptional anymore and trans actors get to step up and play these parts as well in the same way cisgender people have been doing it for a while. I felt a responsibility but I felt a large amount of gratitude and—”
“Joy?” co-star Maria Doyle Kennedy offered.
“Fuck yeah, joy!” Tatiana said. “Totally."
- afterellen article (via sarahcosima)
#THE FACT THAT SHE ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HER BEING CIS IS PROBLEMATIC WHEN PLAYING A TRANS CHARACTER
#THE FACT THAT SHE KNOWS IN ANY OTHER SITUATION A TRANS ACTOR SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN THE ROLE
(Source: random-french-girl, via stilinskiandthebutts)
TAGS: tatiana maslany. awww.
1 day ago • 4994 notes